My travel map:


View Larger Map
Click on any of the balloons above to see my posts from that place.

View my best posts for a shortened version of my experience. (go to oldest posts first)

Thursday 16 April 2009

4/16/09 GS speaker, O'Neils one last time, new British friends

In the morning we went over to the Duke of York to hear from Kevin Barkow, an SU graduate who is currently working for Goldman Sachs. Kevin wasn't a stand-out student by any means, graduating with about a 3.2 GPA, but he was very determined and used professional networking to his advantage. The GS interviewer knew one of Kevin's past clients, giving him a huge advantage. He now works 60-70 hours per week and Kevin tried to impress home the point of determination and a strong work ethic as key to success in the business world.

For our last night in London, we went as a group to the club/bar O'Neil's. For some reason all the girls have an obsession with the place, but it is mediocre at best. It was fairly crowded, and we had fun dancing the night away. I think I left around 2-3am to head back to the flats.

From London - March, April


When I got back I met a British girl named Claire who apparently had been living across from us for the past two weeks and we never knew. We walked downstairs and I also was introduced to the receptionist Jason, who was also our age. We went back upstairs to my flat and had some great discussions about the cultural differences between Britain and the US, especially regarding word pronunciations and girls. Claire was staying in London for fashion design and loved our "American accents". They were both really cool and we stayed up past the sunrise conversing, I think I passed out sometime around 6am. It sucks that I had only just met my new British friends and I was leaving on a flight in just a few hours. Missed opportunities.

From London - March, April

No comments:

Post a Comment