My travel map:


View Larger Map
Click on any of the balloons above to see my posts from that place.

View my best posts for a shortened version of my experience. (go to oldest posts first)

Friday 3 April 2009

4/3/09 St Andrews, pub crawl

What visit to Scotland would be complete without a visit to the famous St Andrews? Now I am not really a fan of golf, but it was still really neat to see a place with such a storied history. We heard about the business aspects of St Andrews from some of their representatives and then toured around the practice range and the facilities. I walked on part of the old course, and stood on the famous footbridge near the last hole.

From Scotland Trip


In the free time we had at St Andrews, JJ, Nate and I went on a little expedition to explore the rocky shoreline.

From Scotland Trip


We got on the bus back to Edinburgh since we didn't want to play golf. At night JJ, Nate and I embarked on the Insomniac Pub Crawl. Nate felt sick to his stomach shortly after starting and had to walk back to the hotel. At the next stop we met some cool German guys and I talked to them about my recent trip to Munich. The night wore on and our last stop was the club Hive. Apparently some other SU kids were there and quickly came over to join us. JJ was dancing with some girl and so I had to play wingman and stop the SU kids from cockblocking him by holding them back and saying "it's alright!".

After a bit I lost track of JJ and wandered around the club looking for him to see if he wanted to leave. I didn't find him, but as I was walking around by the bar some random girl touched my arm and said I smelled nice. So I walked with her arm in arm and asked if she had seen my lost sexy Swedish friend. She hadn't and we started dancing. After some dancing she was obviously impressed with a)my sexy dance moves and b)my impeccable style, so she asked "are you gay?" I smiled as I looked into her eyes and said "No", and then I kissed her. After some making out and whatnot, I noticed that the German guys were making their way towards me. Random girl wandered off but I didn't really care.

Of course the German guy interrogated me as to why I wasn't drinking a beer at that exact moment. I told him I had already drank a lot, which probably perpetuated the stereotype that Americans suck at drinking compared to Europeans, especially Germans. The German guy said in his thick accent, "I am going to be your teacher and teach you to drink beer. B...E...E...R...BEER!" He put his arm around me and we walked back towards the bar. However, he made a quick turn onto the three shallow steps that led down to the dance-floor. I wasn't expecting this and the steps were slippery and covered in spilled drinks so I slipped and fell right on my ass and side. Basically everyone on the dance-floor looked over at me as I was on my ass, but I thought it was funny and laughed at myself as I stood up, only slightly hurt. I figured that was probably my queue to leave and said goodbye to the German guys and walked back to the Apex hotel. I still have a small mark/scar on my side from those steps, what a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment