My travel map:


View Larger Map
Click on any of the balloons above to see my posts from that place.

View my best posts for a shortened version of my experience. (go to oldest posts first)

Monday 2 February 2009

2/2/09 stranded in Geneva, London airport closed down from snow

So we find out at breakfast that London is completely shutdown from "The worst snowstorm in 18 years", which gave them a grand total of about 6 inches of snow. Heathrow Airport, the tube, busses, schools, etc are all shut down in London because apparently Brits have no idea how to deal with a little snow. So we are stuck in Geneva for at least another day. To make matters worse there was also a fire in the Geneva airport which put all of their computer systems offline. I feel kind of bad for Davis getting the super runaround from all these different places and no answers for how we are getting back to London.

It seems like almost nothing went right on this whole trip, so this probably shouldn't have surprised me, but I was still pissed that I was stuck in boring Geneva for at least one more day. JJ, Nate, and I went and got some premium Swiss chocolate, which was very delicious. I also got a postcard and my free little souvenir spoon. Just hung around on the internet in the hotel for the rest of the time and updated this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment