My travel map:


View Larger Map
Click on any of the balloons above to see my posts from that place.

View my best posts for a shortened version of my experience. (go to oldest posts first)

Friday 27 February 2009

2/27/09 Lectures in Prague, out at night

At 9am our first morning presentation was “entrepreneurship in the czech republic” by Martin Lukes Ph.D. from University of Economics in Prague. He highlighted important culture differences between the United States and the Czech Republic in regards to the way people conduct work. Czech people tend to underestimate their capabilities, which contrasts the usual American's boasting and self-confidence.

Next we got a presentation from Villiam Gracz the Managing Partner of the consulting company “Brain Logistics”. It started out fairly boring, but once he got into issues dealing with company efficiency and the current financial crisis I got much more interested. He gave some really good insights into human nature and how companies that are failing should not be bailed out of their mistakes.

At night we went out to a club by the Charles Bridge called Lavka. It had 3 different levels and a good atmosphere although it was annoying that people are still allowed to smoke inside clubs in Prague. The beer was really cheap at 35kr (~$1.2) a pint. I also took absinthe shots with Francie and Alex. Even though we weren't certain it was the infamous hallucinogenic variety of absinthe, it was still the strongest shot I have ever taken and it was not easy to go down. After about 20 mins I definitely felt the effects of it. At some point I attempted to perform the dance routine I learned at the hip-hop dance class.

From Prague Trip

No comments:

Post a Comment