My travel map:


View Larger Map
Click on any of the balloons above to see my posts from that place.

View my best posts for a shortened version of my experience. (go to oldest posts first)

Wednesday 4 February 2009

My review of the Geneva Trip 1/28-2/4

My thoughts about Geneva, Switzerland:
Good:
- The city has a beautiful lake and the building architecture is nice.
- Swiss specialty chocolate is really tasty.

Bad:
- Everything is really expensive.
- There is almost nothing to do as Geneva is mainly a business city.

Other:
- It isn't necessary to know French, but it helps if you do.

What I did / Where I went:
Century Hotel
A very nice hotel with great accommodations and friendly staff.

Patek Phillipe Museum
Lots of ornate and old watches, very boring tour.

Red Cross Museum
The guided tour was dreadfully boring.

United Nations Building
The speakers were hit or miss, but the building itself was pretty neat to see.

Bergdorf, Switzerland
Had a nice castle and old architecture, not much else.

Rondo Doge
Was neat to see how food was made, liked getting free food at the end of the tour.

Carlos from Goldman Sachs
A great speaker and I found his perspective on studying abroad and the investment banking business very interesting and useful.

What more I should have done:
Gone to the alps to attempt snowboarding, skiing, or sledding.

No comments:

Post a Comment