My travel map:


View Larger Map
Click on any of the balloons above to see my posts from that place.

View my best posts for a shortened version of my experience. (go to oldest posts first)

Monday 30 March 2009

3/30/09 tour of Munich

I got up early enough for breakfast, and then headed out to Marienplatz (central square) to go on a New Europe walking tour of the city. Ironically, my tour guide was actually from Scotland, and he was quite outgoing and hilarious.

From Munich Trip


We learned lots of history about the city, and apparently the name Munich comes from Munchen, the word for monks, since monks founded the city. After the tour we went to a bar where the tour guide knew the owners, which ironically was the Sunset Travel Bar, where my pub crawl had started on Saturday night. I conversed with some other college age kids who were also on the tour, and ate some tasty German stew.

From Munich Trip


After the tour I went back to the Olympic Park and BMW showroom to get a better look at them during the daytime. I also went to the English Gardens, but the outdoor beer gardens were not open since it was raining out.

From Munich Trip


From Munich Trip


From Munich Trip


I then got on the train back to the airport and headed back to London.

No comments:

Post a Comment