My travel map:


View Larger Map
Click on any of the balloons above to see my posts from that place.

View my best posts for a shortened version of my experience. (go to oldest posts first)

Thursday 29 January 2009

1/29/09 rage over 9000, rondo doge

Had to wake up at 6am (which was actually 5am London time) in order to meet at the floor of the hotel by 7am to get breakfast and head to the bus. At 7:30 we took the bus to the train station, and then had to wait 45 minutes for our train... I was fairly pissed that we couldn't have just slept that much longer instead of sitting around doing nothing.

So we got on the train and headed to Burgdorf, which took about 2 hours, and I slept through most of it. We then were informed by Davis that we had two hours until our tour started at 1pm... 2 hours??? Why couldn't we have just slept in for another hour and a half??? At this point I was really pissed that I basically woke up early for nothing.

From Geneva Trip


The two hours consisted of JJ, Nate, and I wandering around the small town looking for food, and then realizing all the restaurants were way too expensive and buying some cheap bread from the grocery store. That took us about half an hour. Since the town was small and boring and it was too cold outside to do much of anything, we sat in the train station raging until the start of our tour.

Our tour took us around Bergdorf and into a castle that stood on top of a hill, with a great view of Bergdorf down below.

From Geneva Trip


Nest we took a tour of Rondo Doge, which is a market leader in equipment that mass produces bakery products from dough, such as croissants and doughnuts for Dunkin Donuts. I couldn't stay awake during their PowerPoint presentation because I was so tired from getting up at 6am, and the room was warm too. Walking around their factory was mediocre, but it was interesting to see the demonstration of their machines in action making some double decker pastries. The best part of the tour was when we got to eat several of the double decker pastries, which were tasty.

From Geneva Trip


We took the train and didn't get back to the hotel until after 5pm and I was wiped out. Got some food with JJ from the Coop grocery store and spent the rest of the night on the internet, lounging around, and then passing out after midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment