My travel map:


View Larger Map
Click on any of the balloons above to see my posts from that place.

View my best posts for a shortened version of my experience. (go to oldest posts first)

Thursday 8 January 2009

1/8/09 Bank of England, tired, booking trips

It was kind of rough getting up at 8am after getting only 4 hours of sleep or so, but we made it to the Bank of England early for our Thursday company tour. The representative from the bank was an economist and seemed knowledgeable. I asked him what the Bank of England plans to do to combat the credit crisis once they cut interest rates down to 0%. Needless to say he seemed hesitant and worried about the situation, but his response was that the Bank of England would inject money into the system and use "quantitative easing".

Headed back to the flat, ate some food, and then passed out for a nice afternoon nap. Andrew and I booked our flight and hostel for a trip to Dublin, Ireland next weekend. I didn't really feel like going out and was still tired, so I went to bed early and called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment