My travel map:


View Larger Map
Click on any of the balloons above to see my posts from that place.

View my best posts for a shortened version of my experience. (go to oldest posts first)

Monday 26 January 2009

My review of the Amsterdam Trip 1/23-1/26

My thoughts about Amsterdam:
Good:
- It is fun to ride around on bikes.

Bad:
- It is not nearly as awesome as my expectations, disappointed.
- The nightlife is fairly lame, and the ratio of girls to guys is really bad.

Other:
- It is a really touristy city in general.
- The city is quite small compared to other European cities I have visited.
- Since Dutch is the primary language, some stuff can be confusing.

What I did / Where I went:
Inner Amsterdam Hostel
A good place to stay for a cheap price. It is clean and has helpful staff, but there isn't much to do there.

Anne Frank House
There was a long line and it was fairly expensive, but it gives a good insight into the life of Anne Frank.

Heineken Tour
A little more expensive than other brewery tours at ~13E, but it was my favorite so far with a very modern feel.

Ultimate Party Pub Crawl
Make sure to pre-game or show up early for the free starter shots of vodka. For the price (~18E?) it was a decent value since you got a free drink at each bar and also shots of pre-mixed vodka in between. However, in our group it was mostly just guys which was lame.

What more I should have done:
Gone outside the city into the countryside of Holland to see some windmills and tulips.

No comments:

Post a Comment